2020…here we go!
I can’t believe it is 2020 and I am sitting here again and thinking about all the things I want to do or think I should do in the year to come. New year, new decade and everyone always thinks…it’s time for a new me! I am kinda a fan of the old me or at least I’m a fan of the current me. So in 2020, I will not become a new me, but instead I will continue to become more awesome. So in the tradition of the lists I have made in the past like 30 in 30 or 32 in 32 (I am getting too old and the numbers are getting too high). I will instead make a 20 in 20 list!
20 new chances to accomplish 20 new things or just get better at the things I can do now! So without further due…. 20 in 20!! Well, the first 10 of the 20!
- Figure out how to make this blog work! I have skills but not a whole lot of them. So to youtube a go to learn how to make this blog work better! You’re welcome!
- Start to listen to at least 2 new podcasts! I know what you are thinking “Brandie Lee, podcasts aren’t new, you old lady!” I know that they are not new, but I never really listen to them. I found a new podcast before the new year and it has me excited to start listening to it. It is called “Call Me Cordelia”, obviously it is about Anne of Green Gables! So excited!
- Run a 1/2 Marathon…and try not to die a little! One of my BFF’s and I are running the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in February 2020. 1. I don’t run and 2. I don’t run, So 3. I’m in big trouble! It has always been on my list of things I want to do and there is no time like the present. I will update on the process and the funeral arrangements if necessary.
- Start and finish my Master’s degree! That’s right you read it correctly, I am going to start and finish my Master’s degree this year. It is part of my 5 year plan…so let’s get cracking!
- Learn a new craft! You know me! I love to craft and I LOVE to learn new things. I am very interested in some small woodworking lately. I am doing some research into a small project to start with…stay posted!
- Pay off debt! (Except student loans…lets be honest I will be paying for those till I die!) I would also like to make a big dent into my car pay off too!
- Learn to cook! I know that I have a few staple meals I can cook, you know if someone has a baby or there is a potluck. But I would like to learn to cook a few more dishes that require me to branch out into a new cooking world and expand my palate more!
- Golf! I was blessed to learn at the right hand of an awesome golfer this summer, Joe Burke! My plan is to grow in this area more and actually learn to plan a whole game and decide if I like it. If I do…let’s play! If I don’t….that’s cool let’s move on!
- Spend more time with my family! I love my family and my goal is to spend more time with them. I would like to have some more dinners and adventures with them for sure!
- Train the dog! Finn the Wonder Pup is my bestest thing! I am a crazy dog mom and I am not ashamed of that! But I would like him to be a better dog. I would like him to be better trained, so Finn and I will work harder on becoming a better dog this year.